CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 9, 2009

My 3 pretty sweet action websites... :) <3

NATIONALGEOGRAPHIC.COM





I love love LOVE National Geographic's website for so many reasons. I always love to see what's going on with their video feeds and their "breaking news". I don't know about other people but when I see something about an ancient culture that was just found or updated I am literally GLUED to the screen. I think that for some reason the pictures on the screen are what mostly captivate me...I mean you have a polar bear, the earth and a beautiful shot of nature. Since the drop down categories isn't really "drop down" per say... it's more like.. horizontally down? Yeah.. don't know the actual terminology for it.. but yeah. I just think that the graphics are just amazing..yes there are ads.. but come on.. seriously! Look at everything that's going on... there's a video that plays right there on the screen after it's done loading!...awesome




MARTHASTEWART.COM





Even though Martha Stewart did go to jail... I really do love this website! :) Not only are her colors very soothing it doesn't really make you scream because you see red and pink everywhere! I love it! Ok, to me...color scheme helps you with everything!...as does fonts! The main topic on this page is last minute valentine gift ideas. Not only does the picture help out with getting the customer's attention but it makes one think about actually making the craft yourself. From seeing this, I really wanted to know if I could make what I was seeing on the screen! I also think it's very interesting how there was a search engine for the website for recipe's and more as well as drop down subject bar lines that help the viewer know exactly where to go because it is all conveniently labeled. What is also pretty interesting is that the ad for the cruise is almost right next to the headlining topic which makes the eye look at it and perhaps tempt a viewer to click on it. What happened to tempt this strong willed blogger was the Martha Stewart Blog...which is written by... (drum roll please...) Martha Stewart herself. The website is very well structured and seems to be very easy to use.




BET.COM





BET is pretty much the bomb...(am I allowed to say that?) I love love LOVE the background on this website, first of all, because it's kinda of fantasy-like and kind of compliments the ad that's at the top by the teal border. I also think it's a very good business procedure for the "hot/popular" items to be in red so the reader/audience knows what and where to click. Now besides the EXCELLENT color scheme, the wording is just as essential and makes certain words and/or ideas come to mind. The font used for "Swagger like us" that is used in the graphic on top of the picture makes you WANT to click on it and find out about the concert. The site includes drop-down bars, skip/rewind button for the featured story, links to music videos, latest news and ringtones. The BET website just pops out at me because of everything that is on the page...I also think that it reflects the type of personality the demographic is as well.

1 comments:

Kyle said...

Good comparisons and contrasts of totally separate websites. I like your detailed accounts of the elements within the pages.